The 307 doesn't really get much credit for anything. Hell, the big city weathermen often completely skip the whole state of Wyoming (even when we are getting crazy blizzards and the like). I blame it on a couple things.
1. Low population. I personally love this fact and no offense to anyone, I hope it remains a feature of 307 for...ever.
2. The rest of the nation doesn't respect Wyo because they think we still live in the 1900's.
All that aside, its always interesting to me to hear the things that "foreigners" (non-residents) have to say about us. "do you still ride horses everyday," "do you have the internet" are common questions I have been asked. I always reply yes to even the weirdest questions, just to get a rise out of them.
But, little do they know how cool and powerful this state is. Here's some reasons why the 44th state is so swell.
1. We have a crap load of "Minuteman" Nuclear Weapons that sit and wait patiently to protect your sorry ass state from rogue countries and evil doers.
2. Not only is Yellowstone the most stunningly beautiful National Park in the entire country, but it is also a Super Volcano ( like if a volcano and Superman had a baby) which could literally end the WORLD! but it probably won't go off, so don't worry.
3. The outdoors life style here kicks the s&*% out of those over crowded over priced over regulated mountains, parks, waterways, and resorts that are in other "fancier" states. (you know who you are)
4. We literally "power the nation". Literally. The amount of Coal, Coal Bed Methane, Natural Gas and Oil that comes out of the 307 is making sure that when you drive your Prius to Starbucks, they have enough electricity to make your Grande skinny lowfat vanilla double shot latte, just the way you like it.
(don't forget to check out our Powering the Nation T-shirt and Hoodies)
5. We aren't California.
6. If it weren't for this State, you wouldn't have light bulbs. ex. A "In 1878, Thomas Edison was camping in Wyoming when someone accidentally knocked a bamboo fishing pole into a campfire. He noticed its resistance to burning. When he went back to his lab in New Jersey, he proceeded to produce millions and millions of light bulbs with bamboo filaments, until he got the bright idea that tungsten worked even better." (the heroes club)
7. We have the single most tax friendly climate of all of the 50 states. How do you like that New York.
8. Little known fact, Not all of us are gay cowboys. In reality some of us are neither gay nor cowboy. See, you learn something new everyday.
There are many more, I could keep listing all night. But finally and least important, is Wyoming's deep history in the motion picture world.
Here is a list of just some of the ground breaking films shot in or about Wyoming. And other not so ground breaking...
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
Rocky IV (1985)
Starship Troopers (1997)
Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000)
Dances With Wolves (1990)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
The Outlaw Josey Whales (1976)
Every Which Way But Loose (1978)
The Plainsmen (1936)
The Big Sky (1952)
So, pretty impressive for little 'O Wyo huh. Anyway, whether or not Wyoming is better than your State, the people here love it, are happy to have you visit, and we are always proud to be from the 307.